The Flooring Group has been selling Goodfellow Wood for many years. Below, Goodfellow detail their brand further;
It was in 1898 that George C. Goodfellow first entered the lumber industry. Within four short years, he had established Goodfellow’s first lumber yard in Montreal. By researching and seeking out new markets, a long-lasting relationship developed with a major wood user at that time – the automobile industry.
Through the years, Goodfellow expanded its horizons across Canada and around the world, constantly strengthening its customer base and diversifying its range of products. Then, as now, the lumber business, hardwoods and timber in particular, were the cornerstones of our trade. But in the face of changing times, Goodfellow has kept pace and innovated within the industry. Today, Goodfellow remanufactures and distributes a wide range of lumber and wood products that meets and surpasses the new realities of environmental concerns and market needs.
Today, Goodfellow Incorporated’s head office in Delson, is well situated on Montreal’s south shore. This giant central yard is the home to our modern processing and storage plants.Our yard-based team of technical specialists work in partnership with our customers to provide not only products, but solutions. This is where Goodfellow’s one hundred years of experience has built a foundation for tomorrow.
Goodfellow has long been the leader in the processing and distribution of exotic woods, Douglas Fir, construction timber, cedar, pine and hardwoods. We distribute a wide range of flooring, siding and decking products. Our line also includes pressure-treated lumber, glue-laminated wood beam structures, wood sidings, and a complete range of plywood and speciality wood panels. We also distribute a variety of wood and construction related products. Goodfellow provides custom orders prepared in our very own remanufacturing plants, assuring rapid “Just in Time” deliveries throughout North America.
At Goodfellow, we are ” The Wood Specialists”. Our ability to adapt to customer needs has earned us a reputation as one of the best wood product distributors. Our expertise and flexibility have resulted in solid working relationships with our customers. Goodfellow has built the resources necessary to deliver a quality product that meets our customers needs.
At Goodfellow every stage of processing raw wood into lumber is strictly controlled. Selection, drying, processing, pressure treating, packaging and delivery. We monitor every phase to meet our customers needs. Goodfellow acts also as wholesaler or broker for a complete range of wood products. The combination of our financial strength, our technical expertise, and our capability in inventory management within the chain of supply allows us to efficiently meet the exacting demands of our customers.
A worldwide resource
Our Regional Distribution Centres maintain large inventories. Strategically located in Dartmouth, Moncton, Quebec City, Ottawa, Campbellville, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver, they are ideally situated to promptly serve all regions of Canada. The Goodfellow delivery fleet is the most modern on the road. Our Curtainside-Trailers are specially adapted for the ease and efficiency of loading and off-loading our products as well as assuring quality delivery in all types of weather. We also have installations in the U.S. and England. We export and import products to and from all the continents.
GOODFELLOW INC. is committed to conducting business in an environmentally responsible manner.
To fulfil this commitment, we:
- Operate our business to meet or surpass all relevant regulated environmental requirements and subscribed codes of practice;
- Set objectives, targets and action plans and use processes, practices, materials and products chosen to avoid or control adverse effects on the environment;
- Identify responsibilities and accountabilities for employees for safe and environmentally sound work practices;
- Monitor effectiveness and review environmental programs, objectives and targets with the goal of ensuring continual improvement;
- Sell only forest products from environmentally responsible producers.
- Distribute an increasing variety of products with recognized ecological certifications.
- Are an FSC certified company
- Are members of canadian organizations for packaging reduction (Eco Entreprises Quebec (EEQ), Multi-Material Stewardship Manitoba (MMSM), Stewardship Ontario)
Architects / Designers
Goodfellow is a manufacturer and distributor of a wide range of products. We invite you to consult the section specifically designed for architects and designers (to the right of the screen). You will find more information and the list of places where you can buy our products. Goodfellow also has samples available of these products. You can order exterior siding samples directely from our web site, or contact your sales representative.
As a manufacturer, Goodfellow is able to help you achieve unique projects according to your specifications. Goodfellow products offer countless opportunities for innovation in architecture and design. We invite you to visit our service section for more details or to communicate directly with your specification representative to answer any questions you may have and provide you with the necessary literature.
We offer a range of environmentally friendly products that will help you achieve the desired LEED standards. Consult our list of eco-friendly product for more details.
Goodfellow participes in many exhibitions. Follow us on Facebook to learn about upcoming events in your area.
Goodfellow supports contractors in many ways. Our representatives are able to help you achieve your projects. You can participate or visit our training sessions, as well as our exhibitions and contractor evenings. Follow us on Facebook to learn about upcoming events in your area.
We are available to help you start your building sites and we are able to offer you different programs for model homes. We also invite you to consult our bonus programs for contractors. Loyal partners are important to the success of our business and to show our gratitude we offer a choice of rewards to thank you for continuing to use Goodfellow products.
Goodfellow teamed up with our many partners to offer you several programs. Such as Fiberon.
The Wood Specialists since 1898
- Canada’s largest distributor, processor and importer of specialty wood products
- Annual sales of over 500 million CAN $
- Over 900 employees across North America
- 15 distribution centers (7 transformation centers): 13 in Canada, 1 in USA, 1 in UK
- We carry the largest inventory of solid sawn timber on the East Coast
- Douglas Fir, Eastern Hemlock, Spruce, Mixed Hardwoods, Oak, Ash, Beech
- Mining Timber a specialty
- Fabricators of Laminated Glulam Timbers in Southern Yellow Pine, Douglas Fir, and Spruce
- Pressure Treating Facility for CCA, Penta, Creosote, ACQ and MicroPro
- Manufacturing Capabilities for Framing, Notching, Dapping & Assembly
- In-House Engineering
- ISO 9002 / 2008 Certified
- Pressure Treatment
- Prefinishing & Prestaining
- Salt Water Treatment
- Custom Timber Fabrication
- Engineering Services
- Container & Van Loading
- Export Prep & Packaging
Goodfellow offers a whole range of products and accessories for your outdoor spaces.
Discover the countless choices of species, sizes, colours and finish to create the ambiance you desire.
Insulation & Sound-proofing
Goodfellow offers the best Insulation and soundproofing for the heart of your home.
At Goodfellow, we are ” The Wood Specialists”. Our ability to adapt to customers needs has earned us a reputation as one of the best wood product distributors.
While honoring its environmental and social responsibilities, Goodfellow offers panels designed using the latest technology to bring you the best quality.
Goodfellow only applies finishes of the highest quality. The result: amazing weathering properties combined with a remarkable longevity.