The Art Of Treating Carpet Stains
In this article London flooring contractors will discuss dealing with stains on carpets. It’s a frequent phenomenon, that some customers (when they get panicked) try to remove stains by washing with too concentrated liquid detergents. London flooring experts know, that some clients even use a proprietary brand product. Here are more details on the topic:
- London flooring contractors advise technicians to experiment on samples, but not directly on a customer’s carpet or piece of furniture. There is also one important trick – not to redouble the chemical in your own kit substantially. By all means you have to buy these chemicals, but do not apply them until you are aware how exactly they function.
- London flooring experts say, that you will quickly understand that oily spots are influenced by dry solvents. When it comes to protein spots, alkaline spotting agents react well on them. Otherwise, the remedy for sugar stains are tannin removers (acidic).
- London flooring contractors notice one tendency – as a result of technician’s impatience, the application is heavy handed. In case too much chemical is applied on the textile or the solution is too concentrated, then structural damage may be provoked. Factors like excessive heat and over scrappy agitation also will lead to damages.
- London flooring specialists explain also, that excessive application of a dry solvent spotter often causes modification of the latex in the backing design. This may result in bubbles on stuck down installations, dividing into layers of the secondary backing of a tufted carpet, texture alteration on upholstery fabrics, oily leftovers behind and disintegrating rubber or foam secondary backings. Volatile fumes may be also provoked.
- London flooring contractors explain, that the right procedure is to apply the dry solvent to a towel. If you have to cope with a small spot, then use Q-Tip; then apply the towel or Q-Tip on the stain. Pouring the solvent directly onto the spot or stain is not recommended.
- Sticky residues of the detergent may be left in case too much cleanser is applied. This leads to quick re soiling after cleaning. London flooring experts claim, that insufficient quantity of the detergent won’t remove all the filth. Carpet specialists should read carefully the instructions and the labels of the detergents, because otherwise the customers will be disappointed from the London flooring company.
- London flooring contractors point, that there are special training courses, which teach the importance of neutralisation and the principles of pH. Actually, neutralising stains by putting a small amount of detergent twice is much better and safer than over-applying the cleanser once.
- London flooring experts underline, that there are spotting chemicals that involve usage of heat in order to transfer soft drink dye stains to a ‘host’ absorbent pad. This method must be tested before application on site. Actually, heat plays the role of catalyst for the chemical reaction.
- London flooring specialists advise you to remember that most of the dyes applied in soft furnishings nowadays are heatset during the producement. So, in case enough heating is used on the soft drink dyes those too will become fixed in the same way. You have to be very careful about excessive heat, because it can also eliminate some of the initial dye from around the stain edges leaving a lighter or even ugly white ring around it. London flooring contractors remind, that the answer is patience. The lowest setting on the steam iron should be used. You should not allow for the carpet to get very warm. London flooring specialists remind also, that there are some fibres that have smaller melting rates than others.
- London flooring experts explain also that too much agitation can become the reason for deformation or fuzzing of the fabric surface. It’s proven that agitation and excessive heat will ‘felt’ wool fibres.
London flooring contractors summarise, that carpet experts should be very careful when treating stains and spots on carpets. Labels and instructions for usage should be carefully read. Rinsing after the treatment is very important, because there are chemicals which continue to work long after you have finished the procedure. Normally, customer’s expectations should be matched with reality.
Inspired by www.contractflooringjournal.co.uk