Epoxy floorings offer a reliable and sustainable surface for both commercial and industrial floors. Epoxy coatings are normally applied on top of concrete floors and provide a smooth and durable surface with a high performance, that can last for years or withstand heavy loads. Many industrial buildings, warehouses, and commercial buildings must have epoxy floors as they need to always maintain the floors in perfect conditions, and the only and easiest way is to have epoxy floors.
Epoxy Floor Coatings
All epoxy coatings require a slightly porous and cleaned surface to adhere properly. It is important to remove and/or repair all major cracks before the epoxy application. The coating is never applied over a smooth concrete as the surface must be old enough to ensure the best adherence.
Epoxy Floor Coating Advantages
Epoxy floor coatings offer many advantages compared to other traditional coatings that are applied over concrete:
- Epoxy coatings will always create a shiny high gloss surface. The brightness of an area with epoxy floor can be increased by almost 200%.
- It offers a hard wearing durable surface that is able to withstand heavy and continuous traffic.
- Epoxy coatings are really fast and easy to install.
- They are durable and quite easy to clean.
- Ideal for warehouses and industrial applications, often with no need to be painted over.
- Resists oil stains, beads water, and wipes very clean, creating a seamless surface.
- When applied properly can last several years.
- Provide the choice of being combined with paints and colours in order to mask cracks.
- Provide a chemically resistant surface.
- Epoxy floors offer enhanced safety with their anti-slip surface, heat, and fire resistance.
- Have different patterns and can be combined to create driveways and/or specify walkable areas.
- Easily prevent wear and tear on the existing concrete floor.
- Epoxy floors are environmentally friendly solutions.
- Some can also be combined with self-levelling products
- Require little maintenance.