Stair Nosings For Safe Public Environments
When new floorcoverings are installed on a staircase, there is a very important element which should not be missed – installing stair nosings. However, London flooring experts warn that they can be troublesome as they require a remarkable amount of time because many of the stair nosings require mechanical fixing. London flooring contractors have to make sure that the nosings are installed correctly and firmly in place before the staircase can return to use. Of course, there are some things which can be done in order to open the staircase to use as soon as possible. Read on to find them out.
- If you are planning to install floorcoverings on a staircase in an industrial or public setting, you will probably need to apply stair nosings. Unfortunately, the installation of stair nosings can be time-consuming in any environment. However, when speaking of industrial or public environment, the considerations of safety are of utmost importance and London flooring contractors have to be certain that the stair nosings are secure and firmly fixed before letting anyone use the staircase. This involves using an adhesive with high initial grab and bond strength also provided with mechanical fixing to ensure that the stair nosings are in place. Most London flooring contractors say that after the nosings have been firmly bonded, they would leave them for another 24 hours before the area is opened for foot traffic. This would ensure that no accidents would happen because of dislodges nosings but it presents a delay which can cause unexpected disruptions for the client.
- London flooring contractors who need to install stair nosings as fast as possible and, of course, as safely as possible, now have access to adhesives that are specially designed for such purposes. The leading manufacturers in the UK have developed adhesives that combine high bond strength, initial grab and rapid curing properties. London flooring specialists point out that the use of such adhesives will not only provide a quick solution to bonding nosings to the staircase but as they are durable the need for mechanical fixing will be eliminated.
- The good news is that the finest adhesives are appropriate for other uses – for example, some of the adhesives are designed to secure stair nosings but they may be also used for bonding PVC cladding, carpet gripper, skirting boards, trims and architrave. London flooring contractors always have to use an adhesive that is specifically designed for purpose but as more versatile options are available now, they will be able to get the best value for the money without compromising on the quality.
- In public buildings, the use of stair nosings is of great importance as these environments provide bigger chances of accidents. London flooring contractors know that safety comes first so they make sure that the nosings are installed correctly and they are going to remain firmly bonded and eliminate any risks of mishaps. In the cases where nosings haven’t been mechanically fixed, fast-track installations in particular, professional high-performance adhesives should be used to guarantee a successful result.
- London flooring contractors should always make sure that both the surface and the product to be adhered are free from contaminants such as grease, oil, dirt and water. They also have to carefully read product data sheets to ensure that the product is relevant for the surface.
Prevent potential harmful accidents – know your stair nosings and rely on reputable manufacturers!
Inspired by www.contractflooringjournal.co.uk