Modern Methods To Deal With Subfloor Humidity
Diligent and responsible London flooring contractors must never neglect the problem with subfloor moisture. Nowadays, London flooring experts have developed products, that will deal easily with dampness. In order to achieve amazing final result every time, London flooring companies have to use the right product for every job and to consider the various options on the market. No matter the setting, dampness management is always crucial when it comes to the efficient and long-lasting installation of a new flooring. There are different problems connected with floor installation procedures, but the most common factor is failure to execute detailed humidity measurement test and undertaking the necessary measures. Therefore London flooring contractors must invest some time in understanding the various products available and consequently the necessities of the diverse environments and settings. Learn more:
- First phase. No matter if it comes to brand new installation of a flooring or restoration of old surface, firstly London flooring experts need to verify the relative humidity (RH) levels of the subfloor. For this purpose, a digital hygrometer is used. Normally where relative humidity (RH) levels reach 75% or above or where there is no structural moisture proof membrane, London flooring contractors should apply this waterproof surface membrane. This is ordinarily the case with buildings, made before 1965 year.
- Keep in mind, that if dampness is left untreated, some flooring failures may occur. For instance the adhesives may debond; resilient floorcoverings may blister. Thus the aesthetic look is endangered. Let’s not forget, that the expenses of dampness-related floor failure may be very high. So, London flooring contractors must pay big attention and to examine carefully subfloor moisture. London flooring companies should cope with this problem the best possible way. London flooring experts recommend maximum RH level of 65% in the case with wooden floors. Wood is notably sensible to humidity and it may deform if applied over a moist subfloor.
- How to provide maximal protection against moisture? In cases where London flooring contractors must cope with serious subfloor humidity, the best London flooring solution is to install waterproof surface membrane.
- There are epoxy resin dampness management systems available. They are very efficient when relative humidity levels are over 98%. These special systems of 2 parts provide maximum protection in cases where those waterproof surface membrane are needed. Thanks to only one coating, a great impermeable barrier against humidity is ensured. There are high-quality humidity management systems that help London flooring contractors to achieve equal coverage and restoration in about 3 hours. This way London flooring specialists may continue working by saving both money and time.
- Quick drying solutions. London flooring companies have to know that there is a smart alternative of epoxy resin systems. There are brand new and water based dampness management systems, that deliver super quick drying. They are just perfect where residuary construction humidity must be suppressed. London flooring experts recommend usage of these waterproof surface membranes for new building projects, where residual establishment dampness is available.
- The difference between epoxy systems and water-based moisture management systems is that the second are received bottled in a ready-mixed formula. This ensures storage for future usage. Consequently, London flooring contractors waste less product.
- Thanks to their fast drying properties, these water-based moisture management systems are perfect for fast-track flooring applications. An efficient barrier against construction dampness can be accomplished in less than two hours. This happens because the first coat is dry for 15-20 minutes and the second for more than 30 minutes.
- London flooring contractors can apply smoothing underlayments straight on this treated surface. There is no need of priming.
- Untreated dampness may result in poor final results. It’s even possible to lead to expensive remedial job and replacement of the damaged flooring.
We may conclude that if we want long-lasting results, we need to determine the most appropriate products and techniques for floor covering and successful suppression of floor humidity.
Inspired by www.contractflooringjournal.co.uk