Ceramic Tiles Are The Best Solution For Food Areas
Latter-day cases of food poisoning across the UK made London flooring contractors pay special attention at the materials used for flooring in food production and preparation spaces. In addition, London flooring experts examine the cleaning habits, adopted in these zones. Here are more details on the topic:
- Let’s turn back to an investigation from June 2014! London flooring contractors claim that according to this research (issued by the Food Standards Agency) yearly there are more than 10m cases of food poisoning in the UK. The reason are dangerous bacteria such as E-coli, listeria and salmonella.
- The conclusion, made by London flooring companies is that the infections may be decreased by installation of ceramic tiling. Actually, the Institute of Environmental Health Officers recommends exactly ceramic tiling as London flooring solution when it comes to food production, preparation, treatment and storage.
- London flooring experts claim, that ceramic tiles are easy to install, easy to sanitise, durable and complied with all the bound legislation.
- London flooring contractors advise that when you must install floor tiles in all those food production areas, you must pay attention firstly at the background. London flooring specialists claim, that when the background is ideally rigid and dry, it’s very important to apply the right type of adhesive. In order to comply with the high foot traffic it’s best to use minimum C2 cementitious adhesive or another option is epoxy adhesive.
- London flooring contractors say that it’s mandatory to grout ceramic tiles using the appropriate for the purpose epoxy-based product. London flooring experts explain that epoxide resin-based grouts are created to ensure a waterproof, durable and an abrasion-resistant surface that is both impermeable and hygienic.
- London flooring specialists say that the cured grout protects from penetration of microbes and filth. So, it’s not difficult to maintain it clean and sanitised. It also resists of various chemicals comprising oils and food acids.
- London flooring contractors advise that it’s essential to physically separate neighboring food preparation areas when performing grouting. This way risk of contaminating food is minimised.
- London flooring experts reveal that it’s very important for the ceramic tiles to be kept completely dry till the epoxy grout has cured and is hard enough.
- London flooring contractors add that sealing of perimeter movement joints must be provided. This have to be accomplished with an anti-mould silicone sealant. This will protect them against microbes and black mould. London flooring specialists are aware that this type of sealants contain such special additives which are capable to penetrate in bacteria cell walls and to destroy them. Meanwhile these antibacterial additives are safe and eco-friendly.
- London flooring contractors recommend the use of antibacterial tile cleanser on a regular basis.
We may summarise that tile flooring is appropriate for all those critical spaces when it comes to hygiene.
Inspired by www.contractflooringjournal.co.uk