LVT And Laminate – Similarities And Differences
In this article London flooring contractors will reveal the difference between two London flooring solutions – laminate and luxury vinyl tiles (aka LVTs).
- According to London flooring experts laminate flooring is very easy for installation, but there is one hazard. High humidity is dangerous and will have big influence on the product. London flooring contractors explain, that the core of this material acts similarly to a sponge and expands when it absorbs moisture. As a result of long expansion to humidity on the seams, the laminate floor will look ugly because of the lifting and swelling.
- On the other hand, the other London flooring solution (LVT) is heavy-duty and manufactured from separate planks or tiles. In this case water can’t cause big issues. London flooring contractors explain, that all LVT products are as a whole manufactured from virgin vinyl or humidity resistant PVC. The result is pretty clear – durable flooring which is easy to install and sanitise.
- London flooring specialists claim that LVT may be installed with glueless, self-locking edge just like laminate.
- One great similarity between laminate and LVT is, that both are the better London flooring solution in front of other hard floors such as stone, ceramic, hardwood. London flooring contractors claim, that they both imitate nice natural surfaces like stone or wood. Meanwhile they both require simpler maintenance than tiles or wood. In addition, both laminate and LVT allow restoration by replacement of a damaged tile or plank. London flooring specialists reveal another similarity – both LVT and laminate have wear layers.
- When it comes to differences between these two London flooring solutions, London flooring experts point they are produced from different materials. London flooring specialists explain, that laminate consists of layers. Its core (or the first layer) is produced of high-density fiberboard (HDF). This is the reason for the strength and the rigidity of laminate.
- The other London flooring solution (LVT) is made also from layers, but its initial component is PVC vinyl. This is the reason for which LVT is dimensionally durable and flexible.
- Both London flooring solutions are installed differently. While some LVT products provide a floating-floor approach to installation, laminate is a floating-floor system that must never be glued or nailed to the subfloor.
- London flooring experts ordinarily install LVT as a glue-down system. London flooring companies apply a separate adhesive or the use of peel-and-stick tiles or planks. The conclusion is that LVT feels like plastic while laminate feels like wood.
- London flooring contractors point also that LVT and laminate handle flame and stains in a different way. London flooring specialists explain, that laminate surface won’t be damaged by limited flame and it’s highly stain-resistant. LVT, on the other side, is susceptible to stains and if exposed to flame it will be damaged.
These were the main similarities and differences between laminate and LVT floorings.
Inspired by www.contractflooringjournal.co.uk