The Amazing Benefits Of Wool Fibre
London flooring contractors explain that traditionally wool has been the preferred material to produce carpets. Even nowadays when there is a great variety of synthetic and natural fabrics, wool is still the fibre, that many people choose. London flooring experts claim that some producers try to imitate the texture of wool via synthetic fabrics, but it’s not the same, because these fibres easily lose their wool-like appearance, they flatten and wear. London flooring specialists will reveal the advantages of wool fibres:
- First of all, every London flooring company will tell you about the importance of its natural origin. We receive wool from sheep. In addition, wool has numerous benefits, because its grease, called lanolin is extracted and after that recycled and applied in cosmetics industry. The sheep may be used for food. So, it turns out that when wool is used, there is full assimilation of the products.
- London flooring contractors will now pay attention at the features of wool as a textile floorcovering. This material has perfect resilience and excellent flame retardancy. Besides, wool is very easy to dye and it’s very durable fabric. If you ask in the London flooring company, they will tell you that wool has amazing oil stain resistance and reasonable resistance to water-based staining. When it comes to insulation, if you choose wool for London flooring solutions, you will convince in its wonderful thermal and acoustic insulation capability. London flooring contractors say, that even if it will be blended with other types of fibres, wool is very appropriate.
- London flooring experts won’t hide the inconveniences of wool too. It’s expensive material and that is why many consumers prefer synthetic fabrics. Besides, wool may fade if it’s exposed to strong light. Moreover – wool is prone to insect damage. Moths and carpet beetle are very dangerous for this fabric.
- When London flooring services are requested, especially when it comes to wool carpet cleaning, three types of dye test must be accomplished. London flooring specialists remind, that wool fabrics may be subjected on acidic dyes, but alkalinity may become a problem. There are inexperienced specialists, who use high pH cleaning solutions, but this method is entirely wrong. The truth is that high pH cleaning products will damage the wool fabric and dye. The consequent acidic rinse will minimise the damage.
- London flooring contractors claim that excessive agitation may ruin the wool fibres, so the choice of equipment is extremely important.
- London flooring experts remind, that wool is a staple fibre. In other words – wool has relatively short fibres. The rule when it comes to carpet producing is: the longer the fibre, the better it is for the manufacturing of rugs, because it binds more efficiently within the twisted yarn.
- If you ask some professional London flooring specialists to tell you more about wool, they will point, that wool is accessible in different qualities. The coarser wool is preferred by carpet producers, while finer wool is better for garments.
- In London flooring shops, you can ask about the manufacturing process. For instance, wool yarn may have one, two, three or even six plies. It may be also moth proofed or not.
We may conclude, that all professional carpet cleaners should be aware of all these features of wool in order to apply the appropriate treatment and to sanitise it safely and effectively. Extra education is always a benefit. NCCA Corporate Member, The Woolsafe Organisation, may provide this specialised training and education, capably supported by our other Corporate NCCA Members.
Inspired by www.contractflooringjournal.co.uk